Monday 19 December 2011

Review: Soap and Glory's The Breakfast Scrub

 Whilst using this product earlier today I was thinking of how much I bloody love it, and checked my blog to see how much I'd mentioned it..thinking there would be Breakfast Scrub overload. Turns out, it hasnt featured much, and certainly not in great detail. So heres my review....

Just to get it out the way with, The Breakfast Scrub by Soap and Glory is by a million miles the BEST body scrub I have ever came across. Many others are just like shower gels with a few scratchy particles floating around inside of it, some leave a greasy residue (Flake Away, Im looking at you), and many of them just dont do very much.



This is where The Breakfast Scrub comes in. For some reason, particularly in the cold winter months, I get very dry legs, and little hard bumps on the backs of my arms which I hate with a passion. In all honestly, recently Ive been neglecting my routine and my skin on my body was a little worse for wear with the aforementioned issues. So I whipped out my tub of The Breakfast Scrub, took it to the bath with me and left the bathroom a much smoother and silkier Hayley, free from scaley legs and little hard lumpy bumpys.

It has a lovely thick consistency as you can see above, but is still very easy to distribute over your skin and spreads around easily. A little goes a long way so this tub will last me ages, I had my last tub around 6 months and used it every week.

When I apply it I use it instead of shower gel when I bathe. When Im in a fake tanning routine I use this religiously on my whole body a few times a week, something Ive been slacking with recently but am back into now. It gives the perfect base for tanning as it removes every little bit of dead skin. All I do with it is take a tiny amount for sections of my body, arms, legs, torso etc and rub its all over the area in a circular motion for a while. You dont need to do it too hard, or for too long for it to have a great effect. Just rinse off in the bath or shower and youre good to go. I can catch a whiff of this for hours after using this on my skin. The smell was literally the selling point of this for me the first time I bought it. I cant really describe the scent, other than they definately got the breakfast thing right, it kind of smells like pancakes and maple syrup or honey type affair.



One thing I would say is to use a good moisturiser after this to make sure your skin is extra hydrated and smooth. I still do this even though it contains shea butter so it isnt too drying anyway.

For all of you ingredients buffs out there it is a sugar scrub, and contains oats and shea butter, along with organis cupuacu (what?!), bio scrubs, bananas, almond and honey extracts. Hence the amazing smell.

Ive rambled on WAY too much but basically, everyone needs to try this. I cant say a bad word about it, and I doubt Ill be buying any different scrubs anytime soon, they would have to be something ridiculously amazing to live up to this one.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to pick this up :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soap and glory scrubs are definitely the best! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this scrub, smells fab!

    I have awarded you a Versatile Blogger award on my blog :)
    http://onewaytickettogorgeous.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete