Tuesday 11 October 2011

My Haircare Routine

 I dont think Ive ever done a haircare routine post, which I know is ridiculous, and if I have it must have been a looong time ago and its changed drastically anyway.

I should probably start by saying I have fine, and quite greasy hair. It ued to get washed everyday because I hate having flat greasy looking hair. Ive now trained it to stretch to every other day which is a lot easier.


Basically I wash my hair every other day with the Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, which Ive mentioned a million times so I wont go over it all again but you can read my review here.
Theyre fantastic products and I use them everytime I wash my hair, if I stray from them I notice an incredibly negative difference in the state of my hair.


This Coconut & Almond Intensive Hair Mask from Boots was mainly attractive to me because it was considerably cheaper than other similar products from bigger brands. I'd never used a hair mask and thought that saying as I have thin and greasy hair it might be a big mistake using one, so I opted for this as the cheapest option. I shampoo and condition as normal and then once a week Ill slather this all over my hair and pile it on my head with a big halr grip and leave it for about 10 minutes before washing it out thouroughly. Ive found it really leaves my hair silky smooth, all my split ends are kind of disguised and I generally feel like Im treating my hair nicely when I use this. It smells ubelievable too which is a bonus!

 I only bought this Schwarzkopf got2b guardian angel recently because I was in dire need of a heat protectant for my hair. I blow dry it every time its washed, and will occasionally straighten it or curl it too and I ran out of my last heat protectant literally well over a year ago. Im gunna be good and spray this in when its wet after every wash as part of my routine :) I only picked this one because Sara of SWalkerMakeUp uses it and her hair is always amazing.


Im onto my second bottle of TIGI Bed Head Superstar Blowdry Lotion now, which is saying something for me to stick to a product. I either use this of my VO5 Volumising Mousse (which is amazing but is at Davids so I coudnt take a photo) to get a bit of texture and volume into my hair. I hate hate hate my hair if I dont use either of these, and they both give my hair loads more volume and it is gerally less flat and much better all round. Cant recommend this enough! Although you only need a tiny bit because too much will just weigh your hair down and make it look lank and awful.





I bought the John Frieda Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray to brighten up my dull dirty blonde hair. This stuff is amaaaazing. I really dont want to start dying my hair because all my friends have and their hair is never how they want it, they spend a fortune on dye and their hair is in such bad conditiony. This is the perfect thing for me then as it lightens my hair and brightens the blonde without the fuss/expense/risk of dying it. Ive used it about 6 times now and have noticed a difference so Ill continue to use it and see what happens! I spray it through all my hair and comb through to make sure its evenly spread through all my hair before blowdrying. You have to use heat on it to activate it to make it lighten your hair. This is often what has made me use straighteners afterwards too as it helps make it more effective. Definately recommend this to my fellow dull blondes!



 This VO5 Miracle Concentrate has been constantly raved about by Beauty Bloggers and with good reason too. It smells unreal, is only abou a fiver and does a similar job to that of the very expensive Morrocan Oil, which not all of us can afford. Ok, Morrocan Oil may be better but this is certainly good enough for me! I smooth it through my hair before blowdrying, and again when Im completely finished styling my hair (only a teeny drop and just at the ends). It really seals in any split ends and makes my hair look shiny and in gereally better condition. Im pretty sure its packed with fab ingredients too so it is actually nourishing your hair too. If my thin greasy hair can even take it and benefit from it then it would work for anyone!


Ahh good old Batiste Dry Shampoo. I literally dont know how I would survive without this stuff. I use it on the mornings I dont wash my hair on the in between days and it is just really refreshing and makes my ahri full of volume and looks as if its clean and just much better. I always use the Tropical one because it smells like holidays haha. I go through can after can of this, couldnt be without it!



Last but not least I use TIGI Bed Head Headrush Shine Adrenaline to give my hair a lovely shine after using the dry shampoo, which often leaves my ahri looking quite dry and matte. By using this after it gives my hair its glossy sheen back which I love. It smells so amazing too, really fruity and this can has lastd me ages! I love a load of different shine sprays but this is the one I come back to time and time again. Lovely!



Also I forgot to photograph my hairsprays (of which their are many). I like some for different purposes and Ill do a separate post on them, but I ALWAYS have a huge can of Elnett in my haircare box, its a must have!



Thanks for reading if you got this far!
Love yas :)
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information haute her home hair care tips

    ReplyDelete