Friday 22 July 2011

Haul: From My Dear Friend Who's Moving to MILAN.

Yes, a lovely family friend of mine is moving to Milan. In fact, she will be on the plane there as I type this. Im so so soooo jealous, but hopefully next sumer I will be taking a trip over there...free accomodation and tour guide, yes please! Anyhow she has literally got rid of everything she owns as she didnt want to take everything with her, so heres a few of the freebies I got, all completely unused...until i got my paws on them :)


Excuse my Mr Men cup of (dirty!) brushes in the background haha. Im really looking forward to reading the Audrey Hepburn book which is written by her son. I love her, and know Ill find it really interesting. Ive alreayd looked through at al the beautiful photos and cant wait to read it!

Also I got these little tea lights of oneof my favourite Yankee Candle scents for summer, clean cotton. So no doubt they wil all be burnt out pretty soon, now the make-up...


Jan reassured me that these were all unused and she had aquired them all pretty recently, so I wasnt going to shove ancient products on my skin so I gladly took them off her hands.

Ive never used any Gatineau products, but family members have told me its really good, and these are two 50ml tubes of the cleansing cream, but need to be used wet. It says its anti- aging which I dont suppose I need but Ill give them a go, they smell lovely and fresh too!

When I stayed at The Langdale with David last year, all the products in our room sand in the spa were Elemis products. I loved each and every product I used, they were in a different class from products I normally use, so luxurious and beautiful. So I was really excited to try this Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel. Again, its anti-aging, but it also exfoliates and is good for dul and tired skin, which mine has a tendency to look like this. Its packed with exotic fruit extracts and general good stuff for your skin such as Vit E, so Im looking forward to using it!

Then theres the little pot of The Body Shop's Vitamin E Night Cream. I already use the toner and the body lotion and its generally one of my favourite lines to use, and I have been needing a night cream too as Ive recently just been usng the same moisturiser day and night. I used this last night, it has the lovely smell that the whole range does, is thick but not too thick, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and velvety after application. This little tub will last ages, but I think I may have to buy it myself when this is done.


I was really excited to try the Smashbox products Jan gave me, as Ive never used their products before. The waterproof eyeshadow/liner is Starstuck I find to be a gorgeous dark taupey brown colour (swatches below). However Ive lost my thin liner brush, so Ive been using it more as a base/cream eyeshadow and it worked really well to create a dark smokey eye, its really gorgeous and long lasting!

The Smashbox Double Exposure Cheek and Lip colour in Speedracer is a fantastic creme blush. Its creamier than my Mac one, and goes on a dream, no patchiness at all. It a lovely natural colour, as if you have a hint of a tan across your cheeks and would go with any look. It looks more orangey in the swatch than it really is, its more brown toned, but really flattering, love it!

The Smashbox Eyeshadow in ASAP is right up my street. To me its like a cross between Mac's Woodwinked and Satin Taupe, which are both favourites of mine. Its really good quality too, comparable to my MAC or Urban Decay shadows.It gives a lovely finish and its just a fantastic addition to my collection.

The GOSH Effect Powder  in Apple Jam is just like a Barry M Dazzle Dust. I dont know how often Ill wear a lime green sparkley eye look, but you never know! It swatches really nice and Im such a magpie I can never resist sparkle. It looks kind of golden in some lights, like the swatch below...so its kind of more wearable than a pure lime green. I like it a lot.

The Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks and my all time favourite lipstick range. Thyere great quialty, smell amazing, really pigmented and dont dry out my lips. Oh, and theyre drugstore prices, yey! This colour (shown below) is 124 Bordeaux. Its way darker than I would ever pick up in the shop myself, but its actually gorgeous! Its a lovely deep red wine colour which will be so lovely for winter time. I dont have a deep red like this in my collection so Im glad to have this now, and in my favourite lipstick formula too!


The Rimmel lipstick above...so pretty!


Top Left: Gosh Apple Jam Effect Powder
Bottom Left: Smashbox Cheek and Lip Colour in Speedracer (way more browntoned in real life)
Top Right: Smashbox Eyshadow in ASAP
Bottom Right: Smashbox Waterproof Eyshadow/Liner in Starstruck

I really want to try more Smashbox products, because these gave a fantastic first impression!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment