Monday 22 November 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 5

   Today I am meant to come up with a picture of my favourite book. This feels like a particularly tough one, as I do love to read but rarely find the time. I'll often sit down and start a book and never get the time to continue reading it so get halfway through a million books without ever finishing them. Some of the most recent books I've read have either been for coursework and completely mind dumbingly boring, or easy "beach reads" on holiday which I would'nt particularly say have been favourites of mine.

   So I think I'm going to go with the books that has been my favourite over my lifetime which I think I will always love and that is this...



   I've always loved Roald Dahl ever since I was a child, I would listen to my mam read them to me at bedtime , and the read every book myself as soon as I knew how and became hooked. I love all of them, partilcularly Matilda and Fantastic Mr Fox. I think Roald Dahl writes beautifully and in a similar way to Walt Disney has touched the hearts ofso many children and adults alike. I cant see a day when I will ever grow out of these stories, and I will definately read them all to my children some day too.
   I know it might seem like a childish choice but Irarely get time to read now and I have so many fond memories with these books they hold a special little place in my heart.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment